We'd be more than happy to have you onboard as a relay server, just follow the guide below! Remember to keep in mind that a relay server consumes a lot of bandwidth. And that your connection needs to be stable enough, or our listeners might get drop-outs due to too low bandwidth.
- Download and install Icecast 2 (icecast.org/download).
- The configuration file, icecast.xml, contains a few fields that need to be updated.
- The "authentication" tag contains default passwords “hackme”. Replace these with stronger passwords so people cannot log in and administrate your stream.
- The "hostname" tag must be updated to reflect the domain name or IP address that listeners will use to connect to the server. Examples: example.com or 198.51.100.43.
- "listen-socket" should be set to whatever port you want to run the radio server on. The default here is 8000.
- Configure the server to relay from Radio Rivendell’s master server. Documentation for this is here.
- Radio Rivendell’s details are as following:
- Example configuration:
- Restart the Icecast server for the changes to go in effect.
- Forward the port you selected in 5. in your firewall.
- Drop Elrond a PM or an email with your server details and he'll add it to the radio server rotation!