Forum » Merchandising talk » Merchandising limited edition

Merchandising Limited Edition

Merchandising talk
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

I've decided to make all the merchandising limited. That is, if you don't buy one now, you will never ever be able to buy just that that print again. It will never come back! Instead new prints will be produced every year. This to make all items more unique and special. What do you think about this? Of course this means that I will have to get my butt out of the wagon to create more T-shirts, mugs, etc
Friggin Lord Elrond!
witchywanda
– Lvl 20

10727 XP

Sounds like a great marketing plan, So you buy one tee to wear out but have to make sure you have some extras while the time is allowed to get them. Have to have one as a keep sake. Yeah, more goodies! Keeps things interesting and it won't be boring. Just need to know when it is available to spend, spend, spend! I aggravate my husband with anything LotR related, so guess what he is getting to wear as soon as I purchase this new shirt for Father's Day? You got it! RR! My plan, the kids give it to him, so he can not grumble to loudly and has to wear it all day! It will grow on him. So I have a plan too! More goodies!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

You can actually order brand new pins right away featuring the same forest from the T-shirt But I won't make such a big fuzz about that though. Just one design.
Friggin Lord Elrond!
witchywanda
– Lvl 20

10727 XP

Well, looking there! Pack of 10 buttons! My Birthday is on the 20th this month, so must order pins to give to friends! Sort of like Bilbo giving away presents on his 111th Birthday Party Bash. I'll give RR pins! Wonderful timing! Way to go, Lord Elrond!
Dragon
Peasant – Lvl 3

374 XP

Sounds like a good idea. Those who like the stuff will, go out of there way to get it and the variety will attract others. You can always get ideas from the forums for new designs too. I?m willing to bet many people here would be happy to spend some time playing around with designs for their favorite radio station.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

Yes, ideas are always welcome! The pins was constructed in just a few minutes. I learnt a few new things in Photoshop too so it was fun too
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Sir Daniel of Bedford
King – Lvl 16

19974 XP

Dragon, ideas have been submitted in the past...however they seemed to have been buried in posts and forgotten.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

Yes, there were some test shots, but didn't happen much more. I will try to promote it a little bit more later on.
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Dragon
Peasant – Lvl 3

374 XP

We can always try again. The result may be the same, or maybe some really good ideas will come out of it.
witchywanda
– Lvl 20

10727 XP

Hey, Sir Daniel, you had some great ideas for a Rivendell around the world theme. A forest scene of different countries because RR is worldwide. Some great forest shots too. I thought you and Lord Elrond were working on some designs.
Sir Daniel of Bedford
King – Lvl 16

19974 XP

Thank you Lady witchywanda! I too liked the concept that we had discussed. Last I knew, Lord Elrond was going to make a more public proposal (similar to the 5th anniversary shirt) asking for people to submit photos from where they live that they thought would make a nice background. Then we would apply the best pictures from each area into a different shirt. That was back in January. But more important things have taken priority (i.e. the loss of radio slots). Much more important to get that resolved before the T-shirt submissions, IMHO. If the discussed T-shirt concept happens, then great! If it doesn't happen, no big deal...after all, it is merely a suggestion.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

That is still a good suggestion! We will do that for sure. The anniversary T-shirt features a tweaked picture. We will do more of that
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Sir Daniel of Bedford
King – Lvl 16

19974 XP

Groovy!
Dragon
Peasant – Lvl 3

374 XP

That sounds like a really fun idea. It would be nice to see all the variations. I?m sure some great shirts would come out of that.
Sir Daniel of Bedford
King – Lvl 16

19974 XP

Dragon, the thread we're talking about is HERE I put some samples up of an idea we had. Feel free to check them out as they progress through the thread.
Dragon
Peasant – Lvl 3

374 XP

Unfortunately it looks like you have pulled the pictures from your site. So if you want to post them again, it would be nice. But if it?s going to be to much work, don?t worry about it.
Sir Daniel of Bedford
King – Lvl 16

19974 XP

My apologies Dragon...I was doing some maintenance on my website late last night and had moved those pictures to a different directory without fixing the links here. I've moved the images back so the links work again.
witchywanda
– Lvl 20

10727 XP

Well, my pins arrived today and they are gorgeous! Lord Elrond, you designed a great pic for them! So now we have the pins to flash around until the new tee shirts are available. Monday is my big day and will be giving the pins to some friends to flash around too! Thank you, Lord Elrond, for a great product! Yeah more advertising for "RR"!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

Wow! Cool! Didn't think anyone would buy them Need more stuff!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
witchywanda
– Lvl 20

10727 XP

Surprise Surprise! I did! Love the forest scene you picked. Now just to await the new tee shirts. Thank you for more goodies! Think back on the other threads we wrote about for fun stuff. So many possibilites. This site makes my day every day and thank you, Lord Elrond!