After The Fall OOC thread

Go to page: 1239Next
Forum » Out of Character Discussions » After The Fall OOC thread

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

This thread is for out-of-character discussion relating to the After The Fall forum RPG.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Oh, don't forget to give some description of your characters on the game thread. My hope is that anyone can enjoy the story fully without ever going to the wiki. You don't have to go to any great detail, just give a clear idea of your characters.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15937 XP

I ll try to say a few things in the first posts. I find it hard to integrate all the information of her appearance in one post.

Also since I will be taking exams on free sketch and need to praktice I hereby commit to create a nice sketch of her. No takebacks.... there now i have to find all my pensils...

I have a banning whip and I 'm not afraid to use it! *I am bluffing*

jewellersapprentice.wordpress.com

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by IoannaI ll try to say a few things in the first posts. I find it hard to integrate all the information of her appearance in one post.

What you put in is exactly what I had in mind: a concise first impression that fits the situation.

Also since I will be taking exams on free sketch and need to praktice I hereby commit to create a nice sketch of her. No takebacks.... there now i have to find all my pensils...

I promise to do unpleasant things to Nelja if you try to wriggle out of posting that sketch.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15937 XP

Posted by MuadMouseI promise to do unpleasant things to Nelja if you try to wriggle out of posting that sketch.

She lived a life in prison and endured torturing pain, what could possibly be.... oh.... nevermind dont answer that...

I am sure you have your ways....

Glad you liked the first impresion part on my post

Sapient
Soldier (Level 12)
2268 XP

I noticed there was a new page on the wiki that says most of us aren't fully literate. However, I'd assume that clerics due to their duty to preserve and copy written holy works would be an exception to this. Correct?

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Not nessesarily. I think it depends on the type of cleric.

If it is a cleric of nature like a shaman or a druid, there'd be very rarely an opportunity to know or even use writing. On the other hand, as in your assumption, monks and clerics in cities or a monastery are definetly in more need of written language than the common folk.

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

I've read the gaming posts and, well ...

Now you folks really have done it! I got really exited!

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by SapientI noticed there was a new page on the wiki that says most of us aren't fully literate. However, I'd assume that clerics due to their duty to preserve and copy written holy works would be an exception to this. Correct?

That entry merely stated the general state of literacy in Maailma. Your characters are as literate as you want them to be. I put the entry there more to remind everyone that sending a note to a peasant is not very helpful, and that you may often have to communicate in person.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

You may have noticed that I've added to the wiki locations around Gustheight Rock that have not yet appeared in the game. These locations are common knowledge, but not immediately relevant to the story, and are there to help you get a better idea of your surroundings if necessary.

If you'd like to add new things or elaborate on the old, feel free to edit the wiki page - just be sure to send me an email notification so I know to take a look at the page.

Just remind everyone (myself included): the wiki pages are only ideas, suggestions and notes - only that which has been stated in the game thread can be fact.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Ioanna, I wonder what your master is like. Feel free to elaborate here or on the wiki.

Werwolf, nice semi-intro! =)

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

If any one of you wants to bring in a plant or kind of stone (from this world) for a specific purpose, symbol, use in an area of application or whatever else, please ask me. I have considerable amounts of books, knowledge and training in these fields.

At least it'll save you the filtering of the googled information.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15937 XP

I wrote a few things about my "master" on my bio, not much thought.

Posted by WerwolfIf any one of you wants to bring in a plant or kind of stone (from this world) for a specific purpose, symbol, use in an area of application or whatever else, please ask me. I have considerable amounts of books, knowledge and training in these fields.

You do? When you say stones do you also include semi-precious and precious ones. I will also be having exams in gemology in a month, along with the free sketch..

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfIf any one of you wants to bring in a plant or kind of stone (from this world) for a specific purpose, symbol, use in an area of application or whatever else, please ask me. I have considerable amounts of books, knowledge and training in these fields.At least it'll save you the filtering of the googled information.

And if you want to come up with something altogether new, go right ahead!

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by IoannaYou do? When you say stones do you also include semi-precious and precious ones. I will also be having exams in gemology in a month, along with the free sketch..

No schooling. Simply becoming aquainted with the spiritual, psychic & physical effect (but this very well).

Well, I mean every Edit:healing stone I know Edit:or I can look-up. From Feldspar to the various quartzes and from Obsidian to Opal.

Shivalingam, Moqui Marbles, Fluorite, the various Agates, Rainbow Moonstone & the actual Moonstone, Fire Opal, Calcite, Ruby, Crazy Lake Agate, Salt, Copper, etc.

I think about 200 altogether.

Posted by MuadMouseAnd if you want to come up with something altogether new, go right ahead!

That as well. But please, no Ourichalkum-like stuff unless it is neccesary. There are too much theories & versions already in our world.

There could be a lag on account of translation. I know mostly the german names and it's not always easy to find the correct english name. And I'd like to keep the campaign free of the botanical names as far as possible.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15937 XP

I am really sorry. I will be away for the weekend (family matters). Internet, tv reception or road access are some of the things I will be missing...

I really wanted to stick together with Vee but I got seperated intentionaly, now you can continue to play while I take a walk. Maybe I got lost a bit and took me a while to reach the port...

Got an hour or two before leaving thought...

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by IoannaI am really sorry. I will be away for the weekend (family matters). Internet, tv reception or road access are some of the things I will be missing... I really wanted to stick together with Vee but I got seperated intentionaly, now you can continue to play while I take a walk. Maybe I got lost a bit and took me a while to reach the port...Got an hour or two before leaving thought...

No worries. Nelja will regain consciousness in my Sunday post.

Make the best of your trip!

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfThat as well. But please, no Ourichalkum-like stuff unless it is neccesary. There are too much theories & versions already in our world.

Fortunately for us, Maailma doesn't yet have anything like that, and when it does (it's best to just be resigned to the fact that in any fantasy setting there will be supermetals) we can define the stuff clearly.

And I'd like to keep the campaign free of the botanical names as far as possible.

I agree that the Latin names are, well, a bit too Latin. Fortunately, most plants (and minerals, for that matter) have more collouquial names as well. There's also the option of back-translating: e.g. in Finnish angelica is 'karhunputki', which could be loosely back-translated as 'bear-pipes', and there's got to be an interesting story behind that name!

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by MuadMousein Finnish angelica is 'karhunputki', which could be loosely back-translated as 'bear-pipes', and there's got to be an interesting story behind that name!

Oh, oh, oh! Gimme, gimme! Please!

If any of you has any stories like that, please send me a PM or a Link to the webpage. Those stories are the reason and the way I've learnd so much about plants & stones and other areas of spirituality.

For example:

http://www.crystalinks.com/buffalocalfwoman.html

Sapient
Soldier (Level 12)
2268 XP

Hi, I was preparing to make my next post but I wasn't sure about one thing. Can Vee see Nelja, or did he see her being picked up by the force wave, or is she essentially on her own at this point?