Forum » General Music » Fantasy music vs Epic music

Fantasy Music Vs Epic Music

General Music
Quest for Glory
Militia – Lvl 11

1729 XP

I am just wondering about the differences between Fantasy music and Epic music? Can someone explain it to me.
www.QuestforGlory.ml
Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

Fantasy is more like Medieval type stuff, with Flutes and Harps, but fantasy can be epic without being EPICCCCCC!!!! Fantasy is more subtle, moving and imaginative, or even minimal whereas EPIC is all out 'in your face' and powerful! But then Fantasy can be powerful, but in a different way, as in magical and emotional. Fantasy = Looking out and seeing fairies before the rising sun of dawn, beneath a talking tree with a wizard sitting on it's branch... or something... EPIC = Looking out and seeing the faries being burned alive by the fast approaching sun that's going to destroy the world in fifteen minutes, and the wizard has already bailed! lol! Maybe? I see fantasy music like Medieval Bard songs about heroes slaying dragons. The Epic equivalent would be the music for the hero slaying the dragon... I don't see where I'm going with this, and I don't know if it's any help, but I hope you learned a valuable lesson! lol!
Conjurer Soundcloud Website
Quest for Glory
Militia – Lvl 11

1729 XP

LOL ... Yes indeed I am more convince now that I am making fantasy music rather than epic music. Definetely I like the fantasy part. I am in a way on the good side. I don't want to make music that kills fairies and dragons. It is better to make music about others killing fairies and dragons ... I think
www.QuestforGlory.ml
Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

That's just how I see it, although I could be wrong, I am still new to Fantasy and Epic, I did want to make Epic stuff but I don't have the resources for that, so you'll hear a lot more Fantasy style music from me in the future too Fantasy, with an epic twist
Quest for Glory
Militia – Lvl 11

1729 XP

It will be my pleasure to hear your music also in the future.
www.QuestforGlory.ml
Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

Awesome, likewise my friend! I am going to start "Track 2" very soon, I am considering a definite fantasy style for it, when I've got some of it down I'll give you a sneak preview I'll enjoy hearing anything you send my way too man! Now I think it's time for me to hit the tree... Not literally "hit it" as in punching a tree, that would be ridiculous lol! But it's time for my branchy bed, lucky it's warm and not raining eh! Speak to thee in the morrow!
Quest for Glory
Militia – Lvl 11

1729 XP

Have a nice rest in the tree. I will also get into my bushes to warm up and have rest there.
www.QuestforGlory.ml
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Yeah, I think you are on the same page as me with "fantasy" compared to "epic". I think you can compare the sountrack to World of Warcraft for the fantasy part

with

Heart of Courage by Two Steps From Hell

as the Epic stuff.

I love both!

Friggin Lord Elrond!