Music of Moria

Forum » General Music » Music of Moria

Lex
Herald (Level 10)
2500 XP

Wanted some trance (vocal trance) music for LOTR but i didnt find any so i thought i start makeing some (i needed to improve my music skill anyhow) fantasy trance as its almost none out there, as first out is a dedicated track to Gandalf the gray as an "Infected mushroom" tune.

Death of Gandalf the grey(MP3)3MB (rightclick and saveas)

Would be glad to hear what you think? Dont bother too post if you dont likeit erhmm dont bother download if you dont like trance either actually heh

EDITtupid link didnt show

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

Helgon
Officer (Level 9)
4696 XP

Hmm... guess i shouldn't have downloaded it since i don't like trance very much. Honestly, it all sounds pretty much the same to me. 'Dump dump dump dump dump'. I like other kinds of music that goes 'dump dump dump dump dump', but in another kind of way.

Anyhow, I liked the lotr quotes in it. especially Galadriels "The world has changed". It's a nice idea.

Halfang
Wizard (Level 12)
8142 XP

Well..., I don't like techno, or electronic music... No, I don't like it at all...

Lex
Herald (Level 10)
2500 XP

okey, i warned you didnt I? Let me be more specific, you need too like music in the same gene as "GOA" (if you dont know what GOA is then DO NOT DOWNLOAD ill only steal 3 minutes of your life ;P. btw GOA is where techno,house,jungle,acid,trance so forth origin from, and GOA itself comes from India "mother" of all kind of techno..if you didnt know )

Simbelmine
Citizen (Level 6)
1794 XP

Teehee your "dump dump dump" comment was funny Halfang. =) what is "dump dump" supposed to mean anyway? Drums? Or a particular kind of beat?

Ok, I confess, no, I do not like that kind of stuff generally either, but I gotta be objective and say that you are good with this Lex keep up the good work!

Only the ending of the song...mmm... is not very understandable, it sort of disappears suddenly or smth...? *confuzzled* well dun listen to me, I told you I am not into this stuff at all and got no idea how it is supposed to be.

Go Lex anyway. Btw how on earth did you make it?

~Sim~

Lex
Herald (Level 10)
2500 XP

Cubase and fruityloops (usually i use the midi input through my keyboard) for the music. Mixing and recording in cooledit, but its all what goes for you, i mean theres alot of diffrent music programs out there, BUT if you have a keyboard and know some *riffs* onit (know how to play anything mmkey? heh) then use fruityloops!!! Yes i was a bit lazy at the end on this track i remember.

Halfang
Wizard (Level 12)
8142 XP

Moved to General Music Section

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

ACK TRANCE (or whatever) glanced quickly thought it was the music from the movie , kinda suprised me suddenly. But as an overall lover of music its nicely done. Still I rather want it that it was the music played in the movie when Gandalf went flying

oscararbol
Lowlife (Level 1)
4 XP

Teehee your "dump dump dump" comment was funny Halfang. =) what is "dump dump" supposed to mean anyway? Drums? Or a particular kind of beat?

Ok, I confess, no, I do not like that kind of stuff generally either, but I gotta be objective and say that you are good with this Lex keep up the good work!

Only the ending of the song...mmm... is not very understandable, it sort of disappears suddenly or smth...? *confuzzled* well dun listen to me, I told you I am not into this stuff at all and got no idea how it is supposed to be.

Go Lex anyway. Btw how on earth did you make it?

~Sim~

Elrohir TarAmandil
Lowlife (Level 1)
20 XP

Me like it!

Axis Mundi
Lowlife (Level 1)
4 XP

Hello. My name is Axis Mundi. I am a psy-trance DJ and producer from Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Well, even though you don't want me to post, since I don't like what you did, I'm going to anyway because I think the people listening to this need to know the truth.

First of all, you didn't create this track. It's an almost total rip-off of an Infected Mushroom track called "Noise Maker" from the "B.P. Empire" album which is Infected's third album. This tune was almost entirely written by Infected Mushroom, and after listening to it several times, the only thing I have been able to get out of it is that you added a few "Lord Of The Rings" samples here and there and added a few drum sounds over the preexisting ones. I strongly advise you do not take credit for this track, at most name it something like (Infected Mushroom - "Noise Maker" ) and give proper credit because this reflects very, very poorly on you. Most of this track you've posted is simply sections of the original that have been cut and rearranged, and faded out to hear a clear sample before fading back in. Not to mention that from a technical standpoint, it is way off. at 1:05 to 1:12 into the track, your track chopping and sample splicing doesn't even match up musically. At 1:23 there is another inconsistency where some added percussion is introduced but at this stage I'd be more apt to think it's another rip-off than an arrangement you actually created. 1:37, another inconsistency in the music structure followed by a hard cut to a LOTR sample. Another inconsistency int he beat structure at 2:28.

I wouldn't even call it a remix because 99% of this track is the exact original. "A bit lazy" is an understatement. Infected Mushroom would be pissed if you tried to pass this off as one of your own, which according to what you've titled it, you are. Your external keyboard work is minimal to non-existant. If you did use your own synth lines, they are almost inaudible. Every synth line that you can plainly hear is one written by the original artist. You could have done this in five minutes with ACID Pro and not even bothered with Cubase or Fruityloops. You have a long, long way to go, my friend. The first thing I'd recommend would be to listen to many, many tracks to learn the structure of GOA and psy-trance. Then I would advise you to work on writing your own, original tracks. Your music is going to sound like crap at first until you learn what you are doing but at least you will rightfully be able to call it your own. Also I advise you to read this... This is an interview I did with Infected Mushroom in Atlanta last July and I came away from it feeling like I had learned a lot about producing. You will too.

http://www.scenenetworks.com/articles.p ... ll&id=1051

Also, there are a few real, original psy-trance/GOA tracks out there made by real, original artists that use Lord Of The Rings samples in them, but I'm almost afraid to tell you which tracks in case you decide to rip them off as well. However if anyone is interested, please E-mail me @ ohmbiencestudios@yahoo.com and I will gladly tell you. If anyone wants to stream the original so they can compare it and see what I'm talking about, please E-mail me also and I can set it up on my website.

I hate to be a hater, but this track is a piece of crap in terms of your own creativity and originality. Stop ripping off other people's work and do it the hard way by sitting down and writing your own music. It will be hard and painstaking but it will be more fulfilling. I really hope you're not passing this around and taking credit for it. It really sucks to see people who don't really care about developing their own talent ripping off the work of artists who put in many long hours and years in the studio. It's very disrespectful (which you'll learn if you read what they say in the interview I posted a link to) and you certainly won't get any in return by doing what you're doing.

Sincerely,

Jason Miller

AKA

Axis Mundi

ohmbiencestudios@yahoo.com

Halfang
Wizard (Level 12)
8142 XP

Just notice the first post date.

Wed Mar 10, 2004