About the music extraction

Forum » General Music » About the music extraction

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

Ok extract music from the DVD movies and games... didn't know that. please tell me how I can do that. Perhaps I need different programs for each movie? I got these:

movies

- LOTR box

- Gladiator

- Last Samurai

- The Patriot

games

- WOW

- Roman Total War

- Battlefield 2

- Splinter Cell Chaos theory

from these maovies and games I want to get the music PLEASE tell me I'd be most thankfull

Greets Dedicated RR listener

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

Halfang
Wizard (Level 12)
8142 XP

it depends on each game.

About the films, dunno, really.

Look for the game directory, and search if has a folder like "music", or a file "sound.*" or "music.*"

Tell us more if you've found them!

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42356 XP

How I do it really is just look for one of the big datafiles, usually called something like "music" or "sound" or something similar. And then just drag-and-drop it on Winamp. And sometimes it just starts playing Then I fire up my sound editor and extract the tracks manually. Though you'll miss tracknames and such if there are any.

For movies I use the recording setting called "What you hear" in my Soundblaster mixer. Then just hit record when the movie is playing.

Friggin Lord Elrond!

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

nope didn't help

and i really want the movies too

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42356 XP

The winamp-test only works for games where the sound is in a format winamp handles (mp3, wav etc.) and uncompressed or similar.

Did you try the "What you hear" setting when recording? It works like a charm for me. I did the jingles that way. Will do a bunch more soon.

Friggin Lord Elrond!

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

the whata?

Halfang
Wizard (Level 12)
8142 XP

the jungles = "welcome to radio rivendell", when you tune in the radio station

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

can't anyone give me some program for the movies then?

Skyth
Peasant (Level 3)
160 XP

I got a program now that rips the audio from the DVD, but the voice and sounds are in it too Is there some program that removes these parts? or is there a program wich DOESN'T rip the voices and sounds from the DVD please help

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42356 XP

The speech is not separated from the music and sound effects and such. They are all the same sound, though on other channels (left, right, center, etc). So you should start to rip in 5.1 and then use a program that handles this format. Speech is usually in the center channel and the music plays in left and right. Then you will have to use filters and such to remove unwanted sounds.

There is no shortcut for this though. You will have to put down some time.

Friggin Lord Elrond!