Radio Rivendell Compilation – Volume 3

Go to page: 1236Next
Forum » Coming attractions » Radio Rivendell Compilation – Volume 3

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42228 XP

We're in the works of getting our third compilation on the road, finally! We're going for an all digital release for starters, and probably sell it over at Band Camp or similar. Our last album was "The Book of War" and this year we need another theme. So get your creating juices flowing! Help us sketch out this album from the beginning, it's a clean slate!

What we need:

* A theme for the album which connects the background story, music and artwork

* 12-18 songs from different composers

* The background story on which we place the songs to make up a musical journey

* Artwork for cover and digital booklet (if this is possible at Band Camp and the like)

So, what are you waiting for?! Join this year's biggest project!

Friggin Lord Elrond!

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

Qeiynn
2nd Lieutenant (Level 18)
7921 XP

Just woke up, and I had two very generic ideas about the album's concept.

1) Inspired by the music I did with Ralf, the album could focus on the evil kingdom of the realm. About the life in its towns, the preparations for war (something like isengard) and in general everything, but from its percpective.

OR

2) Could be something like Vivaldi's 4 Seasons. But we will replace each season with the 4 main kingdoms of the realm. Something like Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs. Then we find a story that connects those 4 races, and everything a race's kingdom's does, has an effect on the other kingdoms.

For example: If the orcs have a track about preparing for war, the humans might have a track about preparing to defend their castle, or something more melancholic, the warriors might be very sad because they feel this is the last night they spend with their families. On the other hand, they might have asked the dwarves for assistance, who in their turn decide, while the battle seems lost, to go and assist the human kingdom at last. At the same time the elves are apathetic because they are obsessed with neutrality, balance and stuff, But if the orcs bring in the battle a great evil, that breaks the balance, it might trigger the elves to join the fight against them.

Looking forward to hear your opinion about it, and hearing your own concept ideas as well. Hope I have managed to trigger your creativity a little!

ps: Just a thought...If sites such as band camp don't allow a digital bookelt, we can still create it and let people who have bought the compilation email to elrond (or someone else in charge, if elrond is too busy) the digital receipt and then he can send it to them. (since it might have a nice story written there and other nice stuff from the community)

Ioanna
Champion (Level 24)
16078 XP

Seriously? When I wake up I'm lucky if I can spell my name.....

Very good suggestion Qeiynn!

I have a whip of banning (+3magic) and I 'm not afraid to use it!

*I am bluffing*

c0c0c0
Royal Guard (Level 15)
4629 XP

I like the "Four Kingdoms" thing. The "Kingdom of Evil" idea could be interesting, but I think it would be more restrictive, and difficult to get enough quality pieces. We already have regular contributors who seem to specialize in orc-ish or elv-ish themes.

grey is an IT guy living outside Atlanta. He like gentle rains, long walks, and smacking spammers with a ban hammer. He also likes referring to himself in the third person.

Qeiynn
7921 XP

That's true c0c0c0. A part of "kingdom of evil" is included in "four kingdoms" anyway, no need to be restricted.

Halindir/Vaniardur
Distinguished Citizen (Level 9)
1043 XP

If possible I wouldn't mind participating, though I can't come up with any concept and stories myself...except for cheap Tolkien ripoffs.

I really like Qeiynn's Kingdom-idea. Could be a great tale of glory, death and diplomacy

Shaut Manwë quiinubat gukh

maven
Honoured (Level 22)
14767 XP

I like the idea of a journey or a quest. A human boy and a goblin girl searching for the pieces of a magic amulet, or the pages of a spell book, or the bones of an ancient warrior, when reunited will save their two peoples. This gives them the opportunity to travel in many diff. environments: forest, mountains, swamp, the sky, underground... and have various adventures: chase, fight, stealth, romance, comedy. Would provide a good variety for the composers.

Whatever you decide, count me in to help with writing or proofreading or ?

Qeiynn
7921 XP

Nice one maven! Haven't heard from you for a while now.

maven
Honoured (Level 22)
14767 XP

Like the Old Ones, maybe you don't see me, but I'm always watching...

Posted by QeiynnNice one maven! Haven't heard from you for a while now.

Qeiynn
7921 XP

May I suggest Halindir/Vaniardur to compose for the compilation as well? You can have a listen at his creations on http://soundcloud.com/vaniardur. Of course if he has time for it

We must make a list with the composers we want to ask to contribute, and with the ones that have accepted.

We should start suggesting composers maybe

c0c0c0
Royal Guard (Level 15)
4629 XP

I volunteer Sean Beeson. He's got a pretty massive back-catalog even if he doesn't have the time. And he's even got a site account!

grey is an IT guy living outside Atlanta. He like gentle rains, long walks, and smacking spammers with a ban hammer. He also likes referring to himself in the third person.

Qeiynn
7921 XP

Sean Beeson is pro! It would be lovely to have him featured!

I'd also suggest to ask Za Frumi to participate.

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42228 XP

Great ideas people! The project is officially under way! Keep the ideas and suggestions going!

Friggin Lord Elrond!

Qeiynn
7921 XP

Halindir/Vaniardur has agreed to participate as well as a composer.

Someone's gotta ask the big guys (Sean Beeson, Za Frumi), if they are willing to have one of their tracks featured in the compilation. They both have a big music library and we could find some music from them that fits in the story (which we have not created yet)

c0c0c0
Royal Guard (Level 15)
4629 XP

I'll ask Sean.

Qeiynn
7921 XP

great

gamecomposer
Freeman (Level 6)
488 XP

Totally ask Sean! I think he would do it

Qeiynn
7921 XP

in the worst case, if he has no time, he might allow us to use one of the tracks hew already has, that will fit in our story.

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42228 XP

Posted by gamecomposerTotally ask Sean! I think he would do it

Hehe

Friggin Lord Elrond!

Elrond
Living Legend (Level 32)
42228 XP

Dang, I lost my post I just wrote. Oh well

It was regarding the financing and money making thing at least. On the previous physical albums we made the music available on a CD with booklet, barcode, distribution to magazines and all through Waerloga Records. This time I think we'll just go with an all digital release through BandCamp or similar. If the album makes any money I plan to split it with the composers, but since we'll probably go pretty inexpensive you won't get rich I guess

Friggin Lord Elrond!