Forum » Errors & Problems » Error 406 occuring when posting in Stories

Error 406 Occuring When Posting In Stories

Errors & Problems
Musicalchemist
– Lvl 0

309 XP

I've been trying to post a new topic in the Stories section, but every time I try I get an error 406 message popping up. Hoping that this gets looked into so myself and others can share their stories.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

Posted by MusicalchemistI've been trying to post a new topic in the Stories section, but every time I try I get an error 406 message popping up. Hoping that this gets looked into so myself and others can share their stories.

It looks like you succeeded? I saw a post by you there. Or does it still not work? What did you try to post? Did you paste the text or did you type it all directly into the textbox. Do you have javascript inactivated?

Friggin Lord Elrond!
Musicalchemist
– Lvl 0

309 XP

It still isn't allowing me to post a topic. I have been able to post replies to other topics, but not post my own topics. I do have Javascript enabled in my browser, and I did copy and paste into the textbox. Update: I tried to post a test topic by just typing and not copy+paste and it worked fine.

Updated 1 June 2015 (22:31)

Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

Once I had a problem with antispam feature that wouldn't let me post if I didn't press a keystroke (e.g. I pasted the contents of the post with a mouse), but from what you said, here it is opposite. Still a clue.
( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_) ۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩b۩[/b
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

Yeah, there are certain spam fighting measures going on behind the curtain. I check for keystrokes and some stuff. A copy-paste action should however trigger a key stroke for sure... IF you use the keyboard that is. Did you past with your mouse as Etherlord pointed out?

Updated 4 June 2015 (20:42)

Friggin Lord Elrond!
Kitharis
Master Sergeant – Lvl 17

6999 XP

Not everyone is conversant with keyboard shortcuts. Like my husband. He mouses just about everything except for active typing.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44147 XP

That is indeed true! I tested it on the "next Rivendell" and that seems to work with the pasting. So hopefully we'll get rid of this bugg then.
Friggin Lord Elrond!