The Living Glass Forest … fantasy world, Ballidor.

Forum » Art » The Living Glass Forest … fantasy world, Ballidor.

W. R. Frady
Soldier (Level 12)
2492 XP

This was my first attempt at bringing the world of Areth, home of Ballidor to life. I hope to do more artwork for Ballidor soon.

I am a writer based in the foothills of North Carolina, specializing in Gothic Horror and Fantasy. Though I do play around with some Science Fiction.

Soldier (Level 12)
2040 XP

Nice

W. R. Frady
Soldier (Level 12)
2492 XP

Thanks.

I am a writer based in the foothills of North Carolina, specializing in Gothic Horror and Fantasy. Though I do play around with some Science Fiction.

Alanar Raskinn
Yeoman (Level 10)
1681 XP

Which tools to produce this art?

W. R. Frady
Soldier (Level 12)
2492 XP

I used Blender 2.77. With it you can easily make everything like I did with this picture. Of course definitely make use of tutorials if you're not used to doing 3D rendering. I am still in the learning phase of this to be quite honest. Though I did make everything you see in the picture.

Anonymous

One word is simply not enough to tell you how impressive you have conveyed his World to us, You Sir are Amazing.

Regards Tadayoshi

W. R. Frady
Soldier (Level 12)
2492 XP

One word is simply not enough to tell you how impressive you have conveyed his World to us, You Sir are Amazing.Regards Tadayoshi

Thank you very much, I am glad tat you like it.

Jasne
Guard (Level 14)
3526 XP

Wow, that is one beautiful forest! I love that surreal effect that the glass trunks create.

Did you use Cycles or Internal for this?

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

W. R. Frady
Soldier (Level 12)
2492 XP

Posted by JasneWow, that is one beautiful forest! I love that surreal effect that the glass trunks create.Did you use Cycles or Internal for this?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I used Cycles for the rendering.