Jackson Reveals More About The Hobbit Films
Producer/director Peter Jackson talked with our friends from SciFi Wire at this past Comic Con about the upcoming Hobbit films:
- The script for the first film is complete.
- Full casting has yet to be decided, but that process is likely to begin after the script gets turned over to the studio which takes place in about three weeks.
- The entire Hobbit saga will take two films which, like LOTR, will be filmed back-to-back.
- Both films will center on the book material and won't act as a bridge between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Jackson reveals why he opted out of the director's chair and wanted Gullermo del Toro for the center seat.
- Tentative release dates for the films are: Film One - December 2011; Film Two - December 2012.