Amazon Middle-earth TV Series

Forum » Films & TV » Amazon Middle-earth TV Series

priell33
Peasant (Level 5)
280 XP

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/13/16644796/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-series-prequel

What say you?

Truthseer
2nd Lieutenant (Level 18)
7778 XP

As long as it:

* Concentrates on characters rather than making them pieces on a board. We all know about Sauron's menace and The Ring, they have been beaten into our skulls for six movies (and tons of other media). Let's explore the politics a bit more and a little more subtlety than everything being spoon fed in epic measure. Sure, the threat of Sauron can't be ignored, but I'd rather a slow burn than just start throwing annoyingly screechy Nazguls at us.

* Avoids the allegory and "this is how it applies Middle Earth to today."

* Lets the characters be organic. Don't just shoehorn characters for politically correct messages, token race representatives (make them have MEANING), or instant actor recognition to the audience (see Game of Thrones and Ed Sheeran). Throwing another hobbit hero at us would just undermine how truly RARE they were and how Bilbo, Frodo, and company were practically alien to the mannerisms of their people.

* Doesn't just make the heroes Fellowship clones (e.g., aged adviser, human heroes, elven prince(ss)..you get the idea).

* Avoids the fifteen jillion deus ex moments (especially the Hobbit trilogy) of the Jackson movies. In fact, distance from the movies as much as possible without alienating the source material. I'm not a movie hater, by the way. I just thought they often were way too in-your-face at times (especially Legolas). And three Hobbit movies simply were not necessary. There is way too much lore to explore to just ignore that lore for wow factor. And now you have a whole series to work with rather than movie limitations. Concentrate on the creatures first and the pretty locations and crazy effects next!

If the series does even half of this well, I'll consider it a success for my particular tastes. I have a feeling, though...they are going to want an instant audience and appeal to the LoTR movies and GoT fans. I hope it doesn't become some weird mish-mash of those. I'll remain open-minded until proven otherwise, though!

Etherlord
Sergeant (Level 16)
6048 XP

Interesting points.

( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_)

۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞

Ioanna
Champion (Level 24)
16027 XP

so Christopher Tolkien Resigns and now Amazon owns rights to make television series of The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion

"We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,"

Come on Amazon with your longstanding commitment to literature...

this post is like talking to myself, i just realized...

I have a whip of banning (+3magic) and I 'm not afraid to use it!

*I am bluffing*

Etherlord
Sergeant (Level 16)
6048 XP

Posted by IoannaCome on Amazon with your longstanding commitment to literature...

I think they are bragging about Kindle.

( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_)

۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

Ioanna
Champion (Level 24)
16027 XP

That s probably it...

I have a whip of banning (+3magic) and I 'm not afraid to use it!

*I am bluffing*