Forum » Roleplaying » The Bards Ale Tavern - (all welcome, free style …

The Bards Ale Tavern - (All Welcome, Free Style Turn Based Game)

Roleplaying
MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Lashtongue the Enslaver BG

The axe severs the tongue, leaving a stretch as long as a man is tall thrashing about the floor with incredible force, overturning tables and scattering patrons. The demon howls in pain and fury and uses its oversized arms to hurl itself at Berek, its long-toothed maw agape and overflowing with its own ichor. The jaws close in on Berek.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.
Berek_Ironfist
Distinguished Citizen – Lvl 9

1207 XP

Berek Wolf-blood

Berek yowls like a wounded wolf, and the headbutts Lashtounge with enough force to shatter a tanks front armour (or at the very least, a Dragon's hide!).

Jo'ava Fleetclaw

The Kahjit enters the tavern and immediately lets out his claws.

"We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Allfather, the galaxy shall yet know hope." - Ragnar Blackmane
Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

A Mysterious Conjurer

Not seconds after the Kahjit, a mysterious conjurer steps into the Tavern, stroking his greying beard and smirking, half sauced, he ignores the peril and heads straight to the Innkeeper... "Two large Ales my good sir! One for me, and the other for the Wolf Blood... We have much to discuss, after he delivers the killing blow that is."

The mysterious conjurer takes the Ales and sits in a darkened corner of the Tavern, watching the chaos, he takes out his pipe and waits...

Conjurer Soundcloud Website
MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

As Berek's head buries itself into his enemy's bulbous mass, Lashtongue's cry is cut short. Ripples run through the fiend's flesh, bursting eyes all across its body, their contents turning into sickly-sweet fumes.

Lashtongue pushes itself back from Berek in pain and anguish, great jaws snapping the air blindly. Its torn flesh quivers and bends, and a puckered point - like a misshapen navel in its purple hide - dilates to reveal a honey-coloured eye the size of a human head, marked by a diamond-shaped pupil of deepest darkness. The eye stares at Berek, showing him visions of woe and misery that would befall everything he loves unless he submits to the demon's oppressive will.

Doyl

Vision clearing just in time to to see Jo'ava enter the tavern, Doyl chuckles through bloodied teeth and mutters, "Well, well..." Then, hearing Lashtongue's shocked silence, he snaps his attention back to the robed figure of Sayl the Faithless. Seeing the creature's distraction, he gets onto his feet and raises his axe for a throw.

Doyl's exhalation comes out as a muted hiss as he hurls the axe with all his might at Sayl's back.

Updated 30 May 2015 (08:03)

Berek_Ironfist

1207 XP

Berek Wolf-blood

He pretends to be enthralled by the visions and moves closer to Lashtounge. Berek then slams his palm into Lashtounge, knocking him back a few feet, and shouts 'FINISH HIM, TABS!'

Jo'ava Fleetclaw

The Tabby cat colouration of the Kahjit flickers for a moment to orange, as he flicks his ears in minor annoyance at his counterpart's nickname, but recognising the 'combo call' Jo'ava uppercuts Lashtounge in the belly with his right fist (with the claws out), before whipping out a knife with his left hand and stabbing deep into the eye-thing.

Sayl the Faithless

Not noticing the axe, he slowly steps forth into its flight path, and he is knocked back by the blow into the portal (with the axe falling to the floor), which promptly flickers for a moment, causing the daemon still in reality to flicker out of phase for a moment.

"We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Allfather, the galaxy shall yet know hope." - Ragnar Blackmane
MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

The oversized eye chinks and cracks like crystal at Jo'ava's stab. Its flesh torn and power waning, the demon erupts into a cloud of acrid smoke that coalesces and plunges back into the portal with a groan that resonates in mortal souls.

As the last wisp of the demon departs, a wave of relief ripples through the tavern crowd.

Doyl

Cradling Culzu's severed arm like a baby, Doyl walks over carefully to his battle axe and picks it up, never once taking his eye off the portal.

"Somebody'd better tell me they can close that bloody hole!"

Berek_Ironfist

1207 XP

Berek Wolf-blood

'But those guys were more fun than the last lot!' Berek boasts as he sits at the table next to the Conjurer, and says 'You bought me a drink. Why? Only Tabs does that for me any more.'

Jo'ava Fleetclaw

'Jo'ava dislikes the Knife-ear calling him that. But this one had been through much to find Berek after what happened with the Companions, to assure of the Knife-ear's safety.' The Kahjit says this calmly, his fur changing back from tabby colouration to white with black spots, walking towards Berek's table and sitting down too.

Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

A Mysterious Conjurer

The Conjurer pointed aloft his finger in the air to beckon another Ale for the Wolf-Bloods friend. "Indeed my good man, Berek, isn't it? Drink up, we have much to discuss and the more the merrier." The Conjurer looked at the portal and then at the Khajit, and then at the arm carrying man. "Quite an event." He reached into a sack underneath the table and pulled out an old book. "This... book... may help the problem of the tare over there in the air, there... may... be a solution to closing it, but there are also ingredients needed for the spell to work at it's most potent." He looked back at the Khajit, and then at the Wolf-blood. "Like I said, drink up, there is much to discuss..." The Conjurer looked around the Tavern as if he was looking for someone, or something...

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

Doyl approaches the conjurer's table, wagging his finger for an ale by reflex. With a grinning nod to Jo'ava he says, "Nice moves, kitty!" He lets Culzu's arm drop heavily onto the table and straddles a chair a bit stiffly. "Ingredients, eh?" he growls, but soon a hint of mirth enters his air of annoyance. "You're talkin' about bat shit, aren't you? Ha!"

Berek_Ironfist

1207 XP

Berek Wolf-blood

Sipping his drink, he asks 'How is it that you know my name? Wait, you can close that portal? That's gre-' His face pales as he hears Doyl's words to Jo'ava. 'You shouldn't have said that' he mutters quietly.

Jo'ava Fleetclaw

Jo'ava hisses at Doyl, causing his fur to ripple and change colour yet again, to the orange and black pattern a tiger of our world would have. 'Kitty? This one has not been insulted so much since he met that werewolf. Does the large smelly one know what happened to him? Jo'ava ripped him, limb from limb. Be careful that you (Slipping into normal speak - as per a Kahjit that has spent much time out of his home) do not become next!'

Conjurer
Footman – Lvl 13

2806 XP

A Mysterious Conjurer

The Conjurer closed the book abruptly causing a cloud of dust to waft into the air, then he burst into a bellowing laughter. "The portal cannot be closed with bat shit... I doubt it can be closed at all! So let us drink!" He wagged his finger in the air for another round of ales and smirked beneath his mighty beard. "And who hasn't heard of the great Wolf Blood and his feline friend?" he said before gulping down the last of his remaining ale. "There is much danger this particular portal can bring... I for one have stared into this kind of evil, and to have it stare back puts hairs on ones chest I can assure you. The reason I have come is not for closing portals, nor for idol chat. But after hearing of the great champions that have set foot in this Tavern, I have decided... I challenge you, to a duel..."

The Conjurers smirk dropped and his eyes turned pure white, he stood up and seemed far taller than he did when he entered the bar. The table shattered into pieces and splinters flew in all directions.

"Now you face... THE CONJURER!!!!!"

Updated 11 June 2015 (15:10)

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

Having just barely saved his pint from destruction, Doyl looks at the Conjurer with resignation, and starts backing away. Looking back at Jo'ava, he says "So it's Jo'ava, is it," and points at the Conjurer with Culzu's golden arm, adding "Might want to see to that before getting all riled up at me."

He sits down on top of a table by the door, takes a sip of his ale and spits out a thumb-sized splinter of wood. "It's another one of those days, I guess," he mutters into his pint.