After The Fall - a forum RPG

Go to page: 178
Forum » Roleplaying » After The Fall - a forum RPG

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

As her feet burst, the rest of Nelja turns slightly transparent, gear and all - except for the runes on her body, which seem more solid than ever. A light gust of wind hits Nelja, and she drifts a few steps' worth along with it, her feet trailing after her like wisps of cloud. She can feel the air flowing through her, sensitive to the smallest current. Then, suddenly, she solidifies again.

Slowly, the runes fade to normal. This transformation, however, was different from normal. She could sense that she was able to control it a little more precisely, that there was a certain clarity to it.

As her feet touch the ground again, Nelja can tell that although she's as solid as she can make herself, she weighs slightly less than before.

Throughout all this, Arteschka stayed still, like a statue, observing almost meditatively.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.

Berek_Ironfist
Distinguished Citizen (Level 9)
1207 XP

Goldir looks a little surprised that Nelja changed into her air form, but then moves to help Nelja pack,

"We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Allfather, the galaxy shall yet know hope." - Ragnar Blackmane

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Nelja still looks upset, it's obvious that she has made an effort to maintain the way she is when it only needed a few seconds to turn into thin air.

Being quiet she turns her back to Arteschka and with Goldir she picks up her stuff.

LAst she picks up her oitment, she looks at it. "Here, you take it. Everything on me turned to air, right? I can't have it on me if this happens again. The oitment helps to control it." And she reaches her hand to Goldir.

I have a banning whip and I 'm not afraid to use it! *I am bluffing*

jewellersapprentice.wordpress.com

Berek_Ironfist
1207 XP

"If you wish" Goldir says taking the bottle and stowing it on his belt.

"But how is it applied? Do I just pour some on to you when you are struggling to maintain your solid form, or is it something you take every night, like a poultice for a fever?" Goldir muses, thinking back to his days as a child.

"We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Allfather, the galaxy shall yet know hope." - Ragnar Blackmane

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

"It helps preserve this form. It has to be applied while I am in this form. Have to be carefull not to waste any." says and looks at the little bottle.

"Wait a minute... the runes reacted to the change. They helped. What if I preserve the runes with the oitment? I will have to use much less." she looks at Arteschka "does this make sense?"

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

"If being air is in the runes, not in the flesh, then yes," the Blackorc answers warily, adding: "but when I give medicine, I want patient to do exactly as I say - nothing more, nothing less. That is safest."

"And for safety we must part ways now," she says, adjusting her pack. "May the gods and the spirits guide you. Keep safe, and we will meet again." She starts leading Brownhoof resignedly toward the road to Greenwater Cove. The sersach peeks out from inside her pack and makes a friendly smacking noise before disappearing again.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.

Berek_Ironfist
1207 XP

Goldir waves grimly as Arteschka turns and leaves, and then moves to help Nelja onto Levante's back.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

"So which way we go?" Nelja said giving a nice long stroke to Levante's head.

"How long till we reach the place, Goldir?" she seems ready to resume the journey.

"You know, before we met you I had another friend. He was all made of metal, I swear... he had to stay and be fixed. Everybody leaves me eventually, like my master.." said with a sad look on her face grabed the waterskin and drank some water.

Berek_Ironfist
1207 XP

"I think we should continue down the path, westward. As far as I can tell, this is the way to Dirai, but the Cloudfang's trouble me somewhat. It should be more or less two weeks from here, but we should be able to keep a good pace, with my speed and your pony" Goldir states.

"I won't be leaving you, that's a promise. I'm planning to stick with you for as long as you need me." Goldir says. "In any case, we need to keep moving. Lets go!" Goldir cries happily, beginning a steady but brisk pace.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Nelja follows with a nice smile on her face. She did hear what she wanted to hear so now she is as happy as a little cloud...

"Let's go!" she shouts and gives a gentle hit to Levante's ribs... nothing happens so she tries again and again until finally she succeeds.

Since she is in a chatty mood "So, what's Cloudfang?"

Berek_Ironfist
1207 XP

"They are a mountain range that Dirai is near to. We will either have to go around them or over them, but I doubt either of you would survive the trip." Said Goldir, musing out loud as he trots down the road, easily matching the pony's pace. "They have the name because they are so tall they pierce the clouds, like the fang of a wolf"