Forum » Out of Character Discussions » A new RP!?

A New Rp!?

Out of Character Discussions
Volvox
Peasant – Lvl 3

184 XP

I am currently working up the opening post for a new roleplay. I hope to put it, when it's ready, in the roleplay forums (bet you didn't see that coming)! Which brings up a few questions. The first of which is, does anyone care for online text RP? The second would be if those who do care have the time to post in an RP. After that comes questions about the RP itself. I am making the backstory, and will probably throw together a simple map for reference as well. But I would love input from anyone interested in participating. It's not put as well as it will be in the final post but... The basic idea so far is that all of the various races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Djnn, etc. etc.) lived in harmony. The River Nabira (and it's many streams) provided a basis for a flourishing civilization blind to gender and race. Everything was great, yadda yadda yadda. Then a disaster happened, and things were thrown into chaos. Food was scarce, and there was no law, but there was a heck of a lot of violence. A warrior (named Orik the Great? I'm not good at coming up with his name...) rose up out of this chaos and restored order. People had food to eat, and could walk the streets without being killed. But this wasn't all sweet and awesome. Orik burned the libraries (the few whose books hadn't been used as firewood/eaten) and declared that everyone must worship only Navad, who was the King of the gods in the old pantheon. He enforced this, as well as his laws, by the sword. Also, humans were the only ones getting any sort of good end to the deal. Orik made war on all other races. He enslaved some Dwarves to mine and build, and killed off every last Elf. And yeah ... he pretty much killed everyone else that wasn't human. Except the Djinn, they disappeared and nobody knows where the hell they went off to. A few non-humans survived and live in hiding, leaving open to possibility to play a non-human character. So basically the story opens there (I have an idea, but I'll share it later). As for the 'disaster', I'm torn. It's either endless rain and a few floods that made everything overly wet, with marshes and swamps. And a constant drizzle. Or the River Nabira drying up and the land turning to stone and dust. Both of these would cause the hunger and societal breakdown that is needed for "Orik" to come to power. I dunno which is better. So any input? Any interest?
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Yay! Some action in the roleplaying forums! It's been quiet there for a while now. I cannot take part myself but hopefully you can kickstart something here that will live on. You have my blessing
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Tincolindo
2nd Lieutenant – Lvl 18

8745 XP

I'm not on the computer much lately, but count me in!
Official webstore. Also available on Spotify, ITunes and more.
LOTRDiva
Resident – Lvl 4

856 XP

You have my sword.
Wyntta
– Lvl 4

189 XP

And my bow.
Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

If only humans have rights, then starting as a gnome, dwarf, elf will make it impossible for party to go to city, travel by roads etc. Unless You/player will think of a story of how a specific non-human gained his freedom privilege.

Updated 6 March 2012 (08:33)

( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_) ۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩b۩[/b