Forum » Coming attractions » Radio Rivendell 2.0

Radio Rivendell 2.0

Coming attractions
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Oh? The footer gets missing when a new song is played? Or does the footer go missing when you block ads in your browser? Sounds weird indeed.
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Everstar
Soldier – Lvl 12

2397 XP

The footer goes missing after several mins. of the page loading. I double checked in the most recent releases of Firefox, Opera & Safari and they all work ok. So I'm guessing it's an IE issue. I tried with and without the pop-up blocker on with the same results.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

I've actually noticed it myself in the recent Firefox. It might be an error in my script that refreshes the current playing track. Now that I know it exist, I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks for pointing this out!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Everstar
Soldier – Lvl 12

2397 XP

No worries. I'm sure there is a lot of tweeking to do for you. Oh, I like the Last FM & Facebook links you added. No MySpace though?
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Aah, great suggestion! MySpace was our first step into the communities, better add it! Thanks for pointing it out!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Will work on the site today (Sunday 3rd of January), so expect things to work poorly, look ugly and such for during the day
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Okay, done for today! Twelve hours of work and fun. This is what I have given you: - Comments! Currently only on news items. More to come. - A modified design. Please don't scream yet. I will change most of it. It's just a first draft of how things change. - Listening button (yes, one!) that plays your format of your choice. Saves your preference in a cookie. - Search function. It will later incorporate artist, song and album search. What you might HAVE lost: - IE support for IE 6 and 7. It will probably look quite alright in IE8. IE 6 and 7 is virtually crap anyway. But I will add some support for these crappy browsers as time goes by. I haven't had any opportunity to check it out since I don't have windows at home.
Friggin Lord Elrond!
maven
Honoured – Lvl 22

14767 XP

Thanks for all your hard work on the site, Lord Elrond. You are the hardest working elf I know!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Hehe, I wish I worked even less in real life and more on Rivendell But 2010 will be the year our beloved station takes off!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Qeiynn
2nd Lieutenant – Lvl 18

7921 XP

great job updating! I like a lot the new things! It's nice to see back the most recent active forum topics
Official X-Score Website X-Score on Facebook
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Quite recent updates we've made: - Comments are back! - Search now searches EVERYTHING, i.e also songs, albums and composers - Better radio server handling which makes it much easier to connect and listen - Repaired our RSS newsfeed (http://www.radiorivendell.com/feed/articles/news.xml) - More radio servers making it possible to always get a free slot, we now have LOTS of servers and options - Web player that works pretty well (flash-based) - Windows Media Player listening option And some more smaller updates as well
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Daimonion
Prince – Lvl 15

13042 XP

Thanks for your neverending hard work
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

You are welcome! There are so many great features that I want to add, too bad you have to live life and work on other projects to get money to pay the rent
Friggin Lord Elrond!