Forum » Webshop » Digital Copies

Digital Copies

Webshop
Crag Hack
– Lvl 0

13237 XP

Hi RR Team ..as the topic already mentions..may it be possible to buy digital copies of the albums RR offers? I'm especially interested in the compilations but paying almost the half of the actual costs just for shipping is a real pity. Just in case that you guys have already thought about this: I would really appreciate if it's possible to offer lossless codecs such like FLAC, or, at least, no 128kbit MP3's..and, of course, without DRM However, I could totally understand of course, if it's not possible to offer digital copies..this is simply a question which already resides for a long time in my mind Thank you in advance for any info you can provide currently! Kind regards Stephan - Germany
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44152 XP

Hi! Yeah, the shipping is really sad and horrid. The albums released through Waerloga Records were to appear on Spotify some day. Actually some year ago, but they didn't. I cannot release these albums digitally unless I get the permission from Waerloga, but it would be great to be able to sell it digitally. It's not really worth the money and effort (but of course it is! ) to buy a physical copy. I'll talk to the record label and see what could be done. Our CDs will probably never ever be pressed again, so what exist today will probably be the very last physical copies of our albums, collector's items anyone?
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44152 XP

I've just been in contact with Waerloga and they are all in on digital releases, so if I work hard on this we'll be able get something going for our two compilations plus Gargrim the Liar pretty soon at least! How does that sound?
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Crag Hack
– Lvl 0

13237 XP

Posted by Elrond... Our CDs will probably never ever be pressed again, so what exist today will probably be the very last physical copies of our albums, collector's items anyone?

Ok, good point!

Posted by ElrondI've just been in contact with Waerloga and they are all in on digital releases, so if I work hard on this we'll be able get something going for our two compilations plus Gargrim the Liar pretty soon at least! How does that sound?

Never thought that this could be achieved so fast - great news! Do you have any more information about possible file formats or DRM restrictions? Anyway, this is such a great topic, please keep us up to date!

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Posted by ElrondI've just been in contact with Waerloga and they are all in on digital releases, so if I work hard on this we'll be able get something going for our two compilations plus Gargrim the Liar pretty soon at least! How does that sound?

Excellent! I've been shying away from buying CDs ever since The Great Shelf Overflow of 2006.

As Crag Hack pointed out, DRM is an issue. I myself am firmly opposed to DRM measures that in any way restrict the useability of a bought copy. The best DRM is no DRM.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44152 XP

I prefer non-DRM myself, I guess you get to chose depending on the service you decide upon? I think Bandcamp for example can offer FLAC and all the stuff we/you need? Since we haven't made that many cents from these releases (I wonder if I'll ever reach break-even) I'd prefer to make people happy with it rather than restricting the listeners own rights on how and where to listen to it. DRM must die!
Friggin Lord Elrond!