Forum » Errors & Problems » Player stopping frequently

Player Stopping Frequently

Errors & Problems
Legolas Greenleaf
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

8462 XP

Usually, I just come to the site and click on the 'Play Music' button. However, the player works for about 1 song, then stops. This happens in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. I've also tried using Windows Media player using the URLs under the 'Listen' selection. However, I get the same result.
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36186 XP

Hello, Legolas! I have personally experienced that issue for about a month, now. And just like you, it doesn't seem to matter the browser or medium. I have to reload every song or two. I've heard others express they are having the same issue. When RR came back a couple months ago or so, I didn't seem to experience this issue much for about the first month. But the problem has been quite consistent since then.
Arclayn
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

868 XP

Posted by Legolas GreenleafUsually, I just come to the site and click on the 'Play Music' button. However, the player works for about 1 song, then stops. This happens in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. I've also tried using Windows Media player using the URLs under the 'Listen' selection. However, I get the same result.

Try setting Windows Media Player to "Repeat 1". Or at least that works for me in VLC and Winamp. This isn't a true fix (doesn't help webplayer radio), but it is a workaround until Elrond can better tune things.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see — the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is mu
Legolas Greenleaf
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

8462 XP

Thank you, Arclayn. I'm a bit out of touch, I guess. I thought Winamp was not available any more. I'll give it a try.
Arclayn
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

868 XP

Posted by Legolas GreenleafThank you, Arclayn. I'm a bit out of touch, I guess. I thought Winamp was not available any more. I'll give it a try.

Winamp has changed corporate ownership a couple times, and I really don't know if the player is still officially available or not. I archived the installer and patch when Winamp announced it was shutting down -- so I can continue using Winamp to stream radio on my Windows desktop. I use a Macintosh in the office, and there I now use VLC.

I'd be wary of finding Winamp at some random freeware website. It's not hard to repack an installer with extra stuff (like spyware and malware).

Updated 29 September 2017 (00:34)

"What if everything you see is more than what you see — the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is mu
Khazar-Khum
Royal Guard – Lvl 15

5390 XP

I have to try this. I thought I was the only one with this frustrating issue. I'm glad I'm not alone.
STB
– Lvl 1

4 XP

I'm expiriencing this issue on several devices. The stream stops / disconnects after mostly one, maybe sometimes 2 songs on all devices (the source of the stream seems not to make a matter). This happens with the Browser, with VLC on Windows 10, with BubbleUpnp on Android and with both of my Yamaha Receivers (RX-V779 and RX-V771) which I mostly take for streaming.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Hi all! I bought some new and better network gear a few days ago. What are your experiences? I haven't had drop-outs after that at least. How does it work?
Friggin Lord Elrond!