Forum » Errors & Problems » Incorrect song in database

Incorrect Song In Database

Errors & Problems
Maesenko
Peasant – Lvl 5

304 XP

So, a song just aired a few minutes ago (it's now 1:00 am CDT (GMT -6)) titled "God Save the Reg" by Blackmore's Night from the Secret Voyage album. The actual title is "God Save the Keg". "GStR" also leads to some orcses!

Link to the Orcses!

(Also, apologies if this is the wrong forum for this...I'm new.)

Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Aah, excellent find! I will fix it!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Maesenko
Peasant – Lvl 5

304 XP

Sting is glowing, Elrond. Orcs have been found!

These Orcs should be eliminated. They're supposed to be this instead.

Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Aah, dang. It's that apostrophe on the E that messes things up. I will work hard on trying to solve these things in the update. Thanks for pointing this out!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Werwolf
Footman – Lvl 13

2935 XP

This is not exactly about an incorrect song but I didn't find a more fitting thread for this, so please forgive me if there is one where I could have placed the following more appropriatly.

Earlier today the song Nacht über dem Jadeband was played. The webplayer showed Unknown album and no mentioning of the musician as well as some date/number thingy. I barely read that last part before it faded, so I'm not sure about that, sorry. Anyway, the song itself is from Ralf Kurtsiefer and apparently appears to be track 11 on the theme-CD for the Splittermond roleplaying game, Splittermond: Die Musik from the Uhrwerk-Verlag.

Here's the link to the wiki-webpage. http://splitterwiki.de/wiki/Splittermond:_Die_Musik

Updated 31 January 2017 (15:26)

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Yes, sometimes there's a mismatch between what's playing and what's in the database. And that results in an unknown song. Some day I will create a script that gathers all these "unknowns" so I can correct them. Usually it's just a character that's messed up resulting in that no data is found, even though it exists in the database: https://www.radiorivendell.com/music/Orkpack/Splittermond/

Friggin Lord Elrond!