Forum » Fantasy Music » What's your favorite game soundtrack??

What's Your Favorite Game Soundtrack??

Fantasy Music
Richard1234
Serf – Lvl 4

248 XP

I have two: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer. Listen to those two all the time. What hits your switch?
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Hi, Richard1234, I'll post an answer similar to one I had posted in another thread: Great video game and soundtrack music inspire me more than practically any standalone/radio music, as I can attach a personal experience to every song. And they are created to move you in very specific ways according to the events in the game. Here are some great examples of video game music (in no particular order) that has gotten my imagination flying (admittedly, I haven't been able to play video games as much I used to, so many of these are on the older side): Doom series Heretic Quake series Half-Life series Fallout series (particularly Mark Morgan's ambient work in 1 and 2) Halo series Baldur's Gate series Elder Scrolls series Thief series (haven't played the reboot; Eric Brosius also has masterful ambient music) Diablo 1 and 2 (haven't played 3) Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (truly underrated) Castlevania series Tomb Raider series Neverwinter Nights series Warcraft series (never played WoW) Battlefield 1942 Megaman series The Legend of Zelda series Silent Hill series Assassin's Creed series Dead Ops (the Easter Egg game from Call of Duty: Black Ops) Alien Shooter series (my surprise entry to a game probably very few have heard of)
Victor Emanuel
Colonist – Lvl 7

707 XP

I have Skyrim, Fallout 4 main theme and Halo. I think those are my favourites. Oh yeah. Zelda Occarina of time. Those soundtracks were amazing.
Composer from Norway. Just started to compose this kind of music and love it.
Khazar-Khum
Royal Guard – Lvl 15

5390 XP

Witcher 1. Far below are Rapplz. Trine.
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

3599 XP

Oblivion Elder Scrolls
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

3599 XP

Oblivion Elder Scrolls
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

3599 XP

Oblivion Elder Scrolls
Khazar-Khum
Royal Guard – Lvl 15

5390 XP

Yeah, Avatar, good choice. Also see "Pirates of the Flying Fortress".
W. R. Frady
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

3126 XP

It all depends on what I am playing, writing or just in the mood for. Many of the ones listed by Truthseer including Castlevania, Zelda, and The Elder Scrolls are among those that I consider among my favored. There is also Kingdoms of Amalur: the Reckoning, Prince of Persia especially The Warrior Within, and Silent Hill. There are probably more but I can't seem to think of them right now.
I am a writer based in the foothills of North Carolina, specializing in Gothic Horror and Fantasy. Though I do play around with some Science Fiction.
IronUppercut
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

6279 XP

Final Fantasy 3 and 7, LoZ series, God of War series, and we use the Warcraft 1 and 2 game OSTs for role-playing.
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

3599 XP

Also Ishar 1-3 soundtrack is great..great atmospheric