Forum » Literature » How to write a Epic/Fantasy Novel (tips 'n' …

How To Write A Epic/Fantasy Novel (Tips 'N' Tricks)

Literature
Israel
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

5129 XP

I found this page that explains how write a fantasy novel .... http://members.ozemail.com.au/~imcfadyen/notthenet/fantasy.htm
heroic665
Prince – Lvl 15

13658 XP

So very accurate. Could use a proofreading, though.
Jahoclave
– Lvl 0

4585 XP

And it's like everything that was going to make Pearagon the most epic parody ever. After all, the loser character rides a giant pear into combat. I wonder how many times I'll be able to reference the fact that Paoloni is a no-talent assclown.
Tincolindo
2nd Lieutenant – Lvl 18

8745 XP

*Falls over laughing*
Yeah, a typical parody on the 'how to write' books.
Official webstore. Also available on Spotify, ITunes and more.
Ms.Karen
Lowlife – Lvl 1

6 XP

Ah, I see where I've been going all wrong. I guess I'll have to scrap my manuscript and start over. This time I'll be sure to follow those directions very carefully. Ms. Karen
Ahra
Peasant – Lvl 3

332 XP

I had bought a book "how to Write science fiction and fantasy". After reading, I said myself that if I needed really this book to write, it was better that I stop immediately. Now, I'll prefer to find good tips to be published (and not by paying myself the printer)
Funkyk
– Lvl 1

4 XP

Hi guys, new here and just looking around for some advice ie still in first stages of 1st draft. So basically all i'm asking is: Can i have a live link please.
Myghael, the Lord of Absurdity
Footman – Lvl 13

2604 XP

Currently live link to article from the first post is here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~imcfadyen/fantasy.html I know a very good series about writing, which helped me a lot. Unfortunately, it only exist in Slovak (not English), so I'm not sure everyone here could read it. It's called "42 000 míľ atramentu", which would be "42 000 miles of ink" in English. http://www.liter.cz/povidky-fantasy-177870-cist

Updated 16 August 2014 (21:45)

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
hrankta
Yeoman – Lvl 10

1472 XP

Quite amusing. Here's how I did it. 1) Main Characters. 2) World. 3) Quests. Base your secondary characters off of the more colorful people you know. It makes them seem real. BTW, Radio Rivendell's Lord Elrond (Anders) appears in my 5th book (Redemption of the Righteous), which will be out as soon as my proof reader is finished. Find a good cover artist and a good proof reader. And expect to give away a lot of books for free to people. J. E. Sandoval Author of the Ki Kalendeen Chronicles
Fantasy Author / Tech Wizard. Raise a runkle to Lord Elrond and Radio Rivendell!!!
Not_Rich
Militia – Lvl 11

1722 XP

@Hrankta, hey I liked the Pirates of the Decian Sea story. Fun bit of amusement there. (I'm still world-building, so I have yet to release diddly or squat at this point)
hrankta
Yeoman – Lvl 10

1472 XP

@Alanar, Awesome! Thanks a lot! Feedback is always greatly appreciated. Best of luck with your own literary endeavors. I look forward to reading it!
Fantasy Author / Tech Wizard. Raise a runkle to Lord Elrond and Radio Rivendell!!!