Forum » Errors & Problems » Spam on the forums?

Spam On The Forums?

Errors & Problems
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Aah, yes! Spam spam spam! I've deleted it all now. Really really should get the update in order so we can get rid of this. I just need to "get rid" some clients and work for them first, I have my hopes up that I'll get more time for Rivendell in the near future. I will work less and play more with Rivendell So be sure to send me donations to help pay the bills and to pay for food
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Ah, yes, the spam enemy is once again attempting to spread its darkness into Rivendell. I have a nice bowl of rice and a seaweed wrapping to help take care of it!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

I hopefully removed them all just no. Damn spam!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Reports are that the enemy has been spreading false information (aka spam) less frequently as of late. But we have caught a couple of missives. Namely, "Are you facing problem wh … ut of your email account?" and "Install HP laserJet 1020 drivers on Mac". Strange creatures these are!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Almost forgot "How to regain the access of your email account?"
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Hopefully all is deleted now!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

The enemy has once again set upon us! How to update Adobe … or AOL desktop gold? - General Talk How to update the AOL app for iOS? - General Talk HP LaserJet P2035 troubleshooting Errors - General Talk How to Fix QuickBook … Error Code 80070057? - Computer Games How to Reset the HP … rd Without USB Drive - New member introductions
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Spam, bacon, sausage, and spam! Troubleshooting AT&a … T email access issue General Talk How to Update Adobe … eader in Windows 10? General Talk
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Hopefully deleted all spam now! Everytime this happens it's a poke in the eye for me to get that upgrade going. Then it will be easier to hunt down and kill off spambots, plus it will also make it possible to prevent spambots from the start. Though I just need to get the time to work on the site, we'll probably need to take a step back in functionality first and then it's possible for us to move forward with new stuff. I just need to finish a first working draft, which I really have trouble with doing But it's getting nearer (yeah, I've said that for the last five years now )
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

Ha! Yeah, I'm learning in school the engineering approach to these kinds of endeavors. However, when you have six jillion other responsibilities, theory starts to take a back seat to real life.
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

MOAR spam to seek and destroy! How to Get Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 General Music How to Fix the Issue … ouchpad Not Working? New member introductions ATT Email Password Reset Not Working New member introductions How to fix Dell error code 2000-0122? New member introductions How to connect Bank to Online Payroll? General Music How to install HP La … 1012 on Windows 10? General Talk
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Deleted them all, hopefully!
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

The "write my essay for me" post in Computer Games is quite "phishy."
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

The latest "Greetings" post in General Talk (user pa6724453@gmail.com) also appears to be a spam setup.
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

"How to cancel QuickBooks payroll service?" in New Member Introductions. I didn't realize we had such a dedicated support service for third-party applications and platforms!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

A few more: Nepal Is the Best Pl … ce for Nature Lovers -- in General Music Hire Our Subject Experts for Homework -- in Roleplaying How to fix the issue … ending Email in ATT? -- in New member introductions
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

The enemy is getting sneakier! They are starting to infiltrate lesser-known portals with more elaborate disguises: truemetalwarrior88@gmail.com's post in Computer Games -> Mount and Blade Warband shashi.better@gmail.com's post in Merchandising Talk -> T-Shirt price? avawilliam's post in Out of Character Discussions -> How Does Microsoft 365 Support In Data Security And they are also sending their skirmishers to the common areas: michealhenderson02@outlook.com's post in General Music -> How to upgrade AOL Gold? HughM's post in New member introductions -> Greetings! also looks rather suspicious (the link at the bottom of the post) Of course, unless they are posting something fantasy-music related, most look suspicious when they are Level 1 accounts with a one-time hit of XP.
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Thanks! I think I have removed them all now
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Truthseer
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

36216 XP

More word salad to be tossed out! "What to do if Brother Pri … artridge is not detected?" in General Music "Is antivirus is true security?" in Computer Games "How to fix Norton Antivirus Error on Windows 10" in Computer Games
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Got them, thanks!
Friggin Lord Elrond!