Forum » Help Radio Rivendell! » Integration on another website

Integration On Another Website

Help Radio Rivendell!
Yelm
– Lvl 0

431 XP

Hello, I am creating a website for an Universe of Heroic-Fantasy, with books and some others goodies. And I would like to integrate a button to open the webplayer of Radio Rivendell directly from my website. It is a way of advertising and the possibilities for my visitors to have related music during their visit. Is it possible? If yes, how? Thanks! Yelm
-- Their world, our dream... The official website for the Universe of Tetrasomia www.tetrasomia.com (Only in french for the moment).
Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

It is possible. First thing is Elrond's approval, based on previous similar topic, he will say 'yes', because in RR webplayer both Radio Rivendell and songs titles are shown. I'm not even sure if You need Elrond's agreement, as you basically link to his page, but he will agree anyway . As for how technically do this, that should be very easy. If Elrond won't give You HTML (javascript) code, then I'll help.
( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_) ۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩b۩[/b
Kulmek Hammer-Song
Distinguished Citizen – Lvl 9

1291 XP

Awesome. I am excited to see your site as well!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Yes, this is very possible!

Just grabbing our streaming code to play the radio without using our "player popup" is not okay, but popping up our player as it does now is perfectly fine

Remember that the code and URLs may change at any time

This is the link where it is: http://www.radiorivendell.com/lib/themes/rivendell2011/_functionality/webplayer.php

This is the javascript I use to pop up a player with the same size as we are using:

window.open('http://www.radiorivendell.com/lib/themes/rivendell2011/_functionality/webplayer.php','rivendell_player','left=40,top=40,width=552,height=315,menubar=false,directories=false,toolbar=false,resizable=false,scrollbars=false,status=false,location=false');

Friggin Lord Elrond!
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Oh, and when you have your button, please give us the link so we can check you out
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Yelm
– Lvl 0

431 XP

Hello all, Thank you a lot, Elrond, for your answer and authorization. Of course, I will let a word in the credits page for thanking you, and make some advertising for your (wonderful) website. I am not sure that without your music stream as an inspiration, I would finish my book and the related project! The only (but biggest) problem is that the website is only in French at the moment, I am waiting for a translation of the book (the main aspect of the project) to translate the website. Anyway, as soon it will be finished (I hope in max. two weeks) I will send you the URL (and post it here). For the moment I will see how to integrate the player And I will come back very quickly!!!
-- Their world, our dream... The official website for the Universe of Tetrasomia www.tetrasomia.com (Only in french for the moment).
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Excellent! Looking forward to check it out
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Yelm
– Lvl 0

431 XP

Always in French, but you can already see the integration of the button on http://www.tetrasomia.com.

I hope that I will have quickly the possibility to translate all the website in English soon.

Elrond, do not hesitate to tell me if there is any problem!

Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

I see that when you click the button, browser shows "object Window". It is so, because browser navigates to href attribute, and then - as you can type javascript in url bar as well, it evaluates and new window opens. What you want is to use onclick attribute. (1)

and if you want to keep href attribute for link's default functionality ( finger cursor, colored image borderline / text underline ), then add a dummy url - href="#": (2)

(1) (2) codes

Updated 12 July 2012 (09:04)

( ಠ_ృ) How do you confuse a dwarf? Show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick! c(_) ۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۞۩b۩[/b
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

That looks fine. Perhaps I should create real buttons for this and make the code available somewhere. Perhaps also make a page where neat codes can be grabbed
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Yelm
– Lvl 0

431 XP

Thanks a lot Etherlord! I took the second version because with the anchor #, when you click on it, you are sent to the beginning of the page. Elrond, it could be a good idea to have a small section in the menu called "Banners" with some codes, because to find it, I was in obligation to search through all the forum to get some pictures and links Anyway, I will add another reference to Rivendell in my future "Links" section.
Ioanna
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

16122 XP

Posted by YelmElrond, it could be a good idea to have a small section in the menu called "Banners" with some codes, because to find it, I was in obligation to search through all the forum to get some pictures and links

That's true...

We need the banners to be found easily...

I have a whip of banning (+3magic) and I 'm not afraid to use it!
    *I am bluffing*
Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Indeed we do! Where do we put it? The menu seems a little to odd. Do we need to add a completely new section perhaps?
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

Posted by ElrondIndeed we do! Where do we put it? The menu seems a little to odd. Do we need to add a completely new section perhaps?

I thought about it. There is a "HELP" button on horizontal bar, but looks there should also be a "HELP US" button with donations and banners and other ways to help RR? Maybe "CONTRIBUTE" or something like this.

Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

Yeah, something link that could work. And change "Donate" to "Contribute" instead?
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

Posted by ElrondYeah, something link that could work. And change "Donate" to "Contribute" instead?

Hmm, I don't want to decrease number of donations...

Hmmm...

Hmmmmm.....

I need to drink ether...

Maybe Leave DONATE, but as you have some more space, put a CONTRIBUTE between SHOP and HELP, then move HELP more right, to be close to search field. If you run out of space, you can always move FORUMS to COMMUNITY. You can change SHOP to BRANDING and put there banners.

Yelm
– Lvl 0

431 XP

Posted by EtherlordHmm, I don't want to decrease number of donations...Hmmm...Hmmmmm.....I need to drink ether...Maybe Leave DONATE, but as you have some more space, put a CONTRIBUTE between SHOP and HELP, then move HELP more right, to be close to search field. If you run out of space, you can always move FORUMS to COMMUNITY. You can change SHOP to BRANDING and put there banners.

I'm not sure that changing Donate to Contribute will decrease the number of donations. But anyway, even if you don't change the name, you could put a submenu called "Link on your site" and put all information, banners, code into this section. In a way, you donate some "reputation", no?

Etherlord
Sergeant – Lvl 16

6048 XP

Posted by YelmI'm not sure that changing Donate to Contribute will decrease the number of donations. But anyway, even if you don't change the name, you could put a submenu called "Link on your site" and put all information, banners, code into this section. In a way, you donate some "reputation", no?

Yea, I think Donate and Contribute could share same things. Would it look that bad?

Elrond
Rank (male) – Lvl 1

44134 XP

They can sure use the same menu item. Adding to a drop down list is done automatically anyways, so it's not hard at all
Friggin Lord Elrond!
Fairy Fiddler
Hobo – Lvl 1

14 XP

Hello everyone! Sorry if i bother you with this message, but it's quite similar to my request... I'm writing a blog related with medieval fantasy in english and spanish... and I've found this amazing radio. It'd be my pleasure if i could share this website on my blog. Is there any choice for it? I wanted to add a gadget with your radio on blogger, but i needed an IP number for this. Do you have any problem with this petition? Please let me know if there is any possibility... Thanks in advance!