Forum » Roleplaying » The Bards Ale Tavern - (all welcome, free style …

The Bards Ale Tavern - (All Welcome, Free Style Turn Based Game)

Roleplaying
Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

A look of concern crosses Silmes face as he asks, "are you alright sir. Perhaps you are in need of the Minstrel's soothing song to cure your ails?"
The Old Timers Guild "Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!" www.oldtimersguild.com >> Open to the Public!
MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

"Oh, I've got all the cure I need right here," he says with a sloppy flourish of his mug. His laughter is replaced by an eager grin, he looks Silme intently in the eye and asks, "What, do I look beaten, pointy-ears? Do you think I couldn't take you down?"

Updated 23 July 2013 (10:35)

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.
lasilintu
Footman – Lvl 13

3235 XP

Nicodemus

Nicodemus follows the conversation from afar and looks like he would be more than happy if earth happened to swallow him. When Doyl looks like he's going to pick a fight, the wizard downs the rest of his ale (which is quite a lot) and like it gave him just enough courage, he pushes his glasses up his nose, raises from his chair and determinedly heads towards the two.

"Okay, okay. That's quite enough", Nicodemus says to Doyl, trying to calm him down and then turns to look at Silme. "Look.. Silme was it? I'm s-sorry I left you h-hanging there... It was a bit hectic situations..." the stutter finds his way back to his speech and he looks quite nervous. "I hope you're alright."

Updated 23 July 2013 (12:28)

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

Making no effort to conceal the movement of his hand away from his blade, Silme smiles looking at Doyl. "Nay friend," Silme says, "I would prefer to save my blade and my skill for the true enemies that lie beyond the gates of this town. While I find it curious that my concern for your well being was mistaken as some manner of threat, I have no desire to engage you in combat without cause."

Looking at Nicodemus Silme continues, "...and I hold no ill will towards you Master Wizard. I had not thought of your retreat as an act of treachery but one of sound judgement. Loosing such a spell to confound the enemy enabled me to find solid ground and press the attack."

The Old Timers Guild "Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!" www.oldtimersguild.com >> Open to the Public!
MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

Doyl glances at Nicodemus, the returns his gaze to Silme. He purses his lips and you can see the muscles in his jaw contracting. The stare becomes increasingly menacing, and then...

He lets out a long, loud fart, and his jaw relaxes a bit. When the emissions reach his nostrils he reels backwards a step, waves his hand and laughingly exclaims "Gods Below that's foul! It's like a swarm of rats drowned in their own vomit for a week! Haha, phew! Hahaha!"

"Not all rations are created equal, ha! Am I right? You guys enjoy each other while I go unload." He gives Nicodemus a firm, comradely slap on the back and proceeds merrily toward a place of relief, leaving the potent vapour for the others to enjoy.

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

The scent left by Doyl reaches Silme and he wrinkles his nose just as the bartender arrives and places the mead and food on a table in front of the Elf. Seeing Silme's apparent reaction, the bartender scowls as he walks back to the bar.

Cutting the cheese and taking a deep swallow of mead, Silme looks at Nicodemus and says, "your friend is certainly a foul and puzzling creature. Were I to guess though, he is likely adept with that blade he has left neglected on floor over there."

Updated 25 July 2013 (05:08)

lasilintu
Footman – Lvl 13

3235 XP

Nicodemus

"Well tha-that's g-good", Nicodemus stutters and lets out a long sigh which quickly turns into coughing. The wizards slams his hands on his mouth and nose when the foul smell reaches his nose. In the dim light of the tavern it looks like his face got greenish hue.

Holding his breath and waving his hand in front of his face to get rid of the smell Nicodemus pulls himself together and turns to look at Silme with an awkward smile. "Hehe..Well... yes.... Not my friend... really... But he seems very adept.. yes.." the wizard mutters and then falls silent finding his shoes very interesting.

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

Silme proceeds to enjoy some of his meal while Nicodemus speaks. Offering some bread and cheese to the wizard Silme asks, "would I be correct in assuming your journey through the Wood is not yet at an end? I'd wager if this town were your final destination you'd have ventured further in."

lasilintu
Footman – Lvl 13

3235 XP

Nicodemus

The wizard refuses politely the bread and the cheese, muttering something about how he already ate. Instead he raises a finger to order a pint.

"Well.. Your assumption is correct. I'm only glad I found this little village. I don't think I would have standed the Wood a day more. A terrible place", Nicodemus tells and shudders at the thought of the murky forest. "I'm heading to the King's City to continue my studies. Our little library in the north got too small for me", he smiles and pushes his glasses up his nose.

The bartender gives Nicodemus his pint and the young man takes a gulp and lets out a satisfied sigh.

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

"The Kings City," Silme expresses with some degree of interest. "While I'm not much for big cities, I do find this forest rather intriguing and have planned to venture deeper within." The Elf pauses to savour his mead before continuing, "however, this Wood appears to be all the more treacherous the further one travels. Perhaps we could benefit each other and venture forth together towards your City of Kings."

Silme finishes his meal and raises his finger for another pint of mead while awaiting an answer from Nicodemus.

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

Suddenly something hefty collapses against the back door, making it shake. Doyl, returning from his expedition, pulls the door open against a vaguely moaning mass. "Who's the bog slime now?" Doyl snaps at the mass as he enters with a spring in his slightly drunken step and a blissful smile on his lips. He gives a passing, vaguely friendly kick on Glurk's buttocks while heading for Nicodemus and Silme.

"Like squeezing out a greased ferret, ha!" he exclaims triumphantly and straddles a chair. He gives his forehead a quick wipe with the back of his hand, but that only spreads a fresh spatter of blood on his brow further. He looks perplexed for a moment and then asks, "What were we talking about?"

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

Silme leans his head to take in the in the full effect of Doyl's work while saying, "there seems to be some manner of barrier between us that prevents civil conversation Master Human, but we do tend to agree on our rather powerful dislike for Orcs." Righting his head he looks at Doyl and continues, "we were speaking of the Woods and the increasing density of danger one finds while travelling further into it. There had been some mention of a City of Kings somewhere beyond the border its border although I know not how far this city lies."

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

"Orcs?" he asks somewhat dumbfounded. "Oh, you mean Glurk!" Glancing back at the half-Orc he shrugs and adds, "It's all in good fun, ha! I don't have anything against Orcs in general; they fight well and party hard! Besides, one of them saved my bacon once."

He wags a finger absent-mindedly.

"True enough, though, those prunts are as thick as Waylan's beard this time of year, all bored and out to prove themselves. If you're headed for Spiketop - that's what we call the King's City around here, on account of the impaling staves on the towers - you're bloody sure to run into them, not to mention the nastier critters!" His grin turns mean. "The Midnight Wood is no pansy garden," he says and takes a swig from his fresh pint.

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

"I've not heard any tales of Orcs of any manner of lineage showing concern for none but themselves save by some accident," Silme says as his mead arrives. Placing some coins in the hand of the Innkeeper he asks for a room for the night before the large man returns to the bar.

The Elf takes a drink of his mead while waiting for the Innkeeper to be a safe distance away and then continues, "now, if I take your meaning Master Human, I concur that the inhabitants of the Woods are not to be taken lightly. The Pansy is far too delicate to thrive in a deep forest such as this and I am certainly not like such a flower."

Silme looks at Nicodemus and says, "pardon Master Wizard if I speak out of turn." Shifting his gaze back to Doyl Silme goes on, "but it would seems as though you know these parts. Perhaps you know a path to the City of Kings? Would you by chance be making your journey that way, or does your business take you elsewhere?"

lasilintu
Footman – Lvl 13

3235 XP

Nicodemus

"Well.. I wouldn't say I know these parts. I have only traveled through the Wood once with my parents when I was younger", the wizard says. "And I don't really know the way to the King's City... But I do know avery usefull spell that can show us to the right direction. And like I said I'm going there to further my studies."

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

"Bollocks! Everybody knows the way to Spiketop. Well, at least they know the easy way, the way that doesn't go through The Midnight Wood." Doyl gives his companions a sly look. "The only reason I know of for anybody to come up to The King's City through The Wood is to avoid drawing attention."

Doyl turns his gaze pointedly to Nicodemus and adds, "Some kinds of attention can make the creatures of The Midnight Wood seem downright tame."

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

"While I've nothing to hide," Silme says, "I am quite interested in the Woods themselves. They are quite old, nearing ancient I would guess. I've never been in such a forest and would very much enjoy a further look." Gazing at Doyl, Silme asks, "do you know a good path that would carry us through the Wood?"

MuadMouse
Captain – Lvl 20

11544 XP

Doyl

"Sure, I know a few." There is something haunted about his grin when he adds, "None of them exactly what you'd call safe, not this time of year."

He blinks and his smile recovers its wry humour. "Now, why should I risk my neck just so some twerp gets to bury his nose in books and a pointy-eared dandy finds some trees to hump? Ha!"

Silmay
Footman – Lvl 13

2831 XP

Silme

"If your journey does not take you to the City the point is moot'" Silme states. "Yet if your path leads to the City of Kings anyway, you might gain the advantage and added safety of my bow and my blade. Of course there's a share in any treasure to be found along the way. Aside from this, I've nothing else to offer."

With this the Elf finishes his drink and looks toward the bar saying, "now the hour grows late and I intend to leave here by dawns light. Should either of you be going to the City then perhaps I'll see you on the shared road." The Elf nods towards both Doyl and Nicodemus, "if not," he says, "your company has truly been a pleasure and I bid you well." Silme walks to the bar to finalize the arrangements for his room.

lasilintu
Footman – Lvl 13

3235 XP

Nicodemus

The young wizard looks a bit uncomfortable when Doyl mentions about choosing the way through the Wood instead of the easier and safer ways to the City. He quickly and nervously glances around the tavern and then concentrates his attentions to Silme.

Quickly he skitters after Silme avoiding chairs and other customers and grabs Silme's sleeve. "Wait! I... I really could guide you through the forest! If that's what you need... And-and the spell it is very reliable. That's how I found I my way here. And... I really need someone out there. I hate those orcs and I hate fighting and.. and..." Nicodemus blabbers and looks quite desperate. "And to tell the truth.. I'm not sure if I want to travel with that Doyl-fellow..." he adds quietly.