New forum fantasy RPG campaign?

Go to page: 12345Next
Forum » Out of Character Discussions » New forum fantasy RPG campaign?

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfMuadMouse, where would you set the minimum and maximum for those key phrases?

I'd say three or four should be enough to describe your character at the outset. More than five would become unwieldy. Since any keyword can be positive or negative depending on the situation, how many there are doesn't really affect game balance, but it does make it more boring for me to handle.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by IoannaThat was just my thinking!!!! I would have a name as a child and a number as a test subject. So in a way I would be "trained" if not "brainwashed" to address to myself as "Subject number 5" for example or just "five". I bet it sounds better in ancient tongue!!! I could find a name for my childhood years too.

In the Ancient Tongue "Five" is "Viisi". There is a colloquial, diminutive form of that, "Viitonen", which is specifically a noun. Whatever sounds best.

I'm very curious to know about your character's life before becoming a test subject. There's a keyword in that, I'm sure.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

NO NOT VIISI! Sorry but Visi is a freakin 60 year old Greek singer.... Allow me to demostrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=algXWhcv3Ls

I would prefer Bob over Visi...

How about Nelja? Sounds much better!!

I have a banning whip and I 'm not afraid to use it! *I am bluffing*

jewellersapprentice.wordpress.com

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by IoannaNO NOT VIISI!I would prefer Bob over Visi... How about Nelja? Sounds much better!!

It seems to me you already decided on the "Laboratory-name" AND the currently used name of your character.

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Posted by WerwolfIt seems to me you already decided on the "Laboratory-name" AND the currently used name of your character.

Yes.. in the orphanage I was called Bob.... But the alchemists called me Nelja..

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by IoannaYes.. in the orphanage I was called Bob.... But the alchemists called me Nelja..

Well, there you go! And now that I've seen that video of Anna Vissi, I can't blame you for your aversion.

I'll have to start packing now, but I'll be back before I go to bed.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Posted by MuadMouseWell, there you go! And now that I've seen that video of Anna Vissi, I can't blame you for your aversion. I'll have to start packing now, but I'll be back before I go to bed.

Sorry you watched that... if it makes you feel any better this was certainly not the sleaziest ....

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by IoannaYes.. in the orphanage I was called Bob.... But the alchemists called me Nelja..

Actually I meant Viisi (from the alchemist or his superiors) and Nelja (from you).

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfActually I meant Viisi (from the alchemist or his superiors) and Nelja (from you).

Admittedly, now that I think about it, Bob is one of those names that are so notoriously generic that they require a story behind them. Was little Nelja bouncing (i.e. bobbing) all the time, or have a bob hairstyle?

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Now off to sleep and to Ropecon. Talk to you on Monday at the latest!

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

I (think that I) have chosen my character.

But I'm keeping it to myself and MuadMouse for now, until I know if the characters have already met. I enjoy those first contacts very much and I relish the interactions between characters when get to know each other and I do not want to spoil that for as much people as possible.

Sapient
Soldier (Level 12)
2268 XP

Posted by WerwolfI (think that I) have chosen my character.But I'm keeping it to myself and MuadMouse for now, until I know if the characters have already met. I enjoy those first contacts very much and I relish the interactions between characters when get to know each other and I do not want to spoil that for as much people as possible.

Yeah, I love those kind of "surprise, one of your party members is a chaotic evil vampire" moments.

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Aaah, so you spotted the teeth ...

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Posted by SapientYeah, I love those kind of "surprise, one of your party members is a chaotic evil vampire" moments.

Hhahahaaa! that was very close to an experience I had...

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

I did some work on the campaign wiki and I'd like to know what you think about it and if things are missing.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

I only had a peek in the BlackOrk section and I really liked it. It's much more detailed than the one I wrote for the Air-kins.

I guess I could write a few things about their appearance...

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

I'm back!

We're almost ready to begin the game. Ioanna and Sapient, once you have posted your characters on the wiki's character page and I've reviewed them we're good to go!

If you want to keep information about your character from other players, you can write it down in the "Player secret" section so it can only be seen by me and the players whose names you tick.

Posted by IoannaI guess I could write a few things about their appearance...

No need, but you can if you want to. We can fill out the details during the game.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

@ MuadMouse: I was thinking about the Air Form. I think it's more logical if I can turn a few thngs along with me into air form. Otherwise I would be very prone on losing most of my possesions including my clothes.... Let's say that time after time I learn to contol and turn into air form more thinks, but for now I can only do that for a few. My clothes maybe a some feather like stuff (I am still a girl and need to accessorize), and a smal weapon maybe a dagger for now.

What do you think?

Also about "Bob", yeah why not... I was a bobbing little creature..

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by IoannaWe also need to decide when to place the game. I think 10 years are too many. What were we doing for ten years??

Posted by MuadMouseI'm fine with starting the game even when the gods are still rampaging through the streets, with your characters in the middle of it. Might actually make for a pretty explosive start to the campaign!

Have we decided on this subject?

I'm with Ioanna on that. Gods in the streets, Taikasaari still in flames and we in line of sight but not within throwing range.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by Ioanna@ MuadMouse: I was thinking about the Air Form. I think it's more logical if I can turn a few thngs along with me into air form ... but for now I can only do that for a few. My clothes maybe a some feather like stuff (I am still a girl and need to accessorize), and a smal weapon maybe a dagger for now.

Sounds fair, and avoids complications with inventory. Overall, the less you carry, the easier transforming will be.