After The Fall OOC thread

Go to page: 12349Next
Forum » Out of Character Discussions » After The Fall OOC thread

Sméagol – The sponsor monster

These ads shown here are to sponsor Radio Rivendell

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by SapientHi, I was preparing to make my next post but I wasn't sure about one thing. Can Vee see Nelja, or did he see her being picked up by the force wave, or is she essentially on her own at this point?

He saw her get swept away and disappear into the smoke-streaked sky. She is very much on her own.

A committed user and abuser of roleplaying games. Based in Oulu, Finland.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Hooray! The party has almost gathered! o/ Or at least are aware of each others' existence.

Sapient, what's the convention on male and female pronouns when it comes to soulforged? You use the masculine pronoun for both Vee and his patient - is this due to some features of the characters or are you just using the "general 'he'" that covers everyone who is not explicitly female?

Sapient
Soldier (Level 12)
2268 XP

Posted by MuadMouseHooray! The party has almost gathered! o/ Or at least are aware of each others' existence. Sapient, what's the convention on male and female pronouns when it comes to soulforged? You use the masculine pronoun for both Vee and his patient - is this due to some features of the characters or are you just using the "general 'he'" that covers everyone who is not explicitly female?

Gender is meaningless for a soulforged, so they can be referred to as a he or a she or an it. However, I prefer to write Vee with masculine pronouns consistently just to avoid confusion for the reader of my posts. Vee will not be offended if you refer to him/her as "she".

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

I am back!!!

Oh my, lots of thimgs happened here.

I have a banning whip and I 'm not afraid to use it! *I am bluffing*

jewellersapprentice.wordpress.com

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

At the moment I'm experiencing the kind of bad Internet connection, I was mentioning some time ago. It takes me for example about 20 hours of trying and retrying to send even a simple message.

So, if anyone recieves all of a sudden the same Message over and over again, please ignore the ones with the same contends. Also it could take some days until I'm able to put my post into the forum.

I have no idea, what triggered this or how to get rid of it.

Edit: It seems fine ... for the moment ...

I have two questions:

If there are seasons at Maailma, which one is around our characters at the moment?

In which climate zone was Taikasaari?

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Welcome back, Ioanna!

Vee will not be offended if you refer to him/her as "she".

Good to know.

If there are seasons at Maailma, which one is around our characters at the moment?In which climate zone was Taikasaari?

Taikasaari was right on the equator and seasonless, and was always comfortably tropical. You'd have to journey north or south for at least a week before running into seasonal change.

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by MuadMouseTaikasaari was right on the equator and seasonless, and was always comfortably tropical. You'd have to journey north or south for at least a week before running into seasonal change.

Huh, thats funny. We seem to do a good work in conjuring up pictures for each other of objects in the game. I instantly imagined Gustheight Rock as a tropical shore but with a mediterranian shore-forest.

"Games are an interesting diversion from everyday life. Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company, you don't even mind you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." Gary Gygax

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfHuh, thats funny. We seem to do a good work in conjuring up pictures for each other of objects in the game. I instantly imagined Gustheight Rock as a tropical shore but with a mediterranian shore-forest.

Must have been the blueness of the Second Sea and the colourful Rainbow Reef. I got so wrapped up in annihilating Taikasaari that I forgot to mention climate.

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by MuadMouseI got so wrapped up in annihilating Taikasaari that I forgot to mention climate.

It happens occasionally.

Once, a GM forgot about my character, while an entire regiment of archers was firing volley upon volley into a forest, where the party was located. The not so funny part about this is, that he forgot about me as well, while sitting next to me.

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Posted by WerwolfI enjoy those first contacts very much and I relish the interactions between characters when get to know each other and I do not want to spoil that for as much people as possible.

I hereby beg forgiveness from everyone because I have, due to a mishandling of Obsidian Portal, broadcast the info of my character, while wanting to keep it a secret.

I'll correct this, if none of you is against it.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Posted by WerwolfI hereby beg forgiveness from everyone because I have, due to a mishandling of Obsidian Portal, broadcast the info of my character, while wanting to keep it a secret.I'll correct this, if none of you is against it.

Go ahead. Now you just have to hope that no one was interested enough to read your character page.

Sapient
Soldier (Level 12)
2268 XP

Posted by MuadMouseGo ahead. Now you just have to hope that no one was interested enough to read your character page.

I was just settling down with a bag of popcorn and preparing to read all your innermost secrets. But alas I am thwarted.

I am hoping you will be the smart one, though. Otherwise we're gonna be like the three stooges.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Posted by SapientI am hoping you will be the smart one, though. Otherwise we're gonna be like the three stooges.

hAHAHAHA

That's true...

Don't worry I will start maturing a bit once we move around a bit... You can assume that partly my behaviour is the one of a junky right now....

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Feel free to ignore the normal order of posting for the time being. There are no apparent threats, so interact as you wish. I'll post when you need feedback on the soulforged or the surroundings (or I decide to plop something on you).

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

Correction of my characters sheet is done. Apart from the name, everything you can know about her is now aviable to everyone.

Ioanna, I assume that Nelja speaks Islish unless you mention something else.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

Totally blew it with the language.

Yeah why not.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

Islish is the most widely spoken actual language (as opposed to a pidgin), so it's safe to assume that it's what's being spoken unless otherwise specified.

MuadMouse
Captain (Level 20)
11354 XP

I just dumped a whole lot of potential deities and other stuff on the wiki's suggestions page. These are various ideas that have come up in games of Dungeon World and Shock that I've engaged in for inspiration, or just stuff I've thought up. Feel free to refer to them if you wish.

Ioanna
Master (Level 23)
15932 XP

I posted a picture on my character's page. I hated the face so I will redraw it. The scale was not right for the amount of detail I wanted it to have.... The tattooed rune looks like a odly shaped bump..

Also I will be changing the colours, they seem more suitable for an Earth-kin than an Air-kin. Maybe some Grey on the skin and a cool palete.

Werwolf
Soldier (Level 12)
2192 XP

It took me a while but I've managed to get a larger picture onto my character sheet. I admit, you can't see much, but it's the best I could find and do. I did find another "fitting" picture, but it was drawn and perhaps copyrighted and the Blackorc depicted looks more naked and much cuter.